NextGen Unicorn Pvt. Limited offers technology solutions to Telecom, infrastructure, and Technology. This role operates within our Telecom communications operation that provides services for wireless, fibre, copper and civil infrastructure projects for the leading telecommunication carriers and network providers throughout Australia.
We are a multi-national organization with a reputation founded on our core values of Delivery, Integrity, Innovation, and Empowerment. We operate in New Zealand, Australia, USA, and India. We have a dedicated team who bring the best in their own way and we promise to provide timely service to our esteemed clients.
Our business is growing and we are looking to fill vacancies in Gold Coast with experienced Telecommunications Fibre Technicians.
Job tasks and responsibilities
As the Telecommunications Fibre technician your responsibilities will include:
- Installing communications racks and structural supports;
- Installing equipment line cards, fibre SFP modules, and associated interfaces.
- Install, splice and terminate Fibre Optic Cable
- Fibre scope of works preparation;
- Ability to read, understand and mark-up telecommunication plans
- Fibre Installation (Preparation, handling hygiene & termination of Ribbon & Multi-core fibre);
- Labeling to required standards;
- Testing – Insertion Loss Testing & OTDR of all Fibre Cables
- As-Built Documentation;
- NBN Jointing experience on both ribbon and single fibre highly regarded
- Wideband splicing experience highly regarded
- Working on carrier networks in exchanges, pits, manholes, and aerial locations;
- Sound understanding of WHS requirements including WIs, SWMS & Risk Assessments.
Skills and experience
Successful candidates will possess the following:
- Excellent communications skills
- Experience working as an Optical Fibre Technician on a major telecommunications network
- The ability to read and understand cable plans and designs
- ACMA Open Cable Registration
- Exchange & Communication’s Building experience
- Fibre Handling & Splicing Experience
- Gigabit testing and OTDR Fibre testing
- Equipment programming experience
- OHS Construction Card
- Traffic Management Certification
- Working At Heights Certificate & Confined Space Certificate
- First Aid and CPR Licence;
- Australia Drivers Licence
- Certificate 3 in Telecommunications
- Optical Fibre Accreditation
NextGen Unicorn Pty Limited is an equal opportunity employer supporting diversity in our workforce. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining the right people, who are highly competent, live our values and actively contribute to our long-term success.
Job Types: Full-time
Salary: Negotiable $/hour
Location: Sydney & Regional NSW and Gold Coast (WA)
|Job Category||Optical Fibre|